How to take care of your new hair extensions
Home Care for my Extensions
- Do not wash tape extensions for up to 48 hours after initial application of extensions; allow up to two weeks to become comfortable with hair extensions
- Before washing, brush all tangles out using gentle strokes. Brush from the root down with a recommended hair extension brush, up to three to four times daily
- DO NOT leave the weft or adhesive wet for long periods of time. If you are wanting to let the extensions air dry, make sure to blow dry the weft or the tape adhesives, and then let the rest of the hair air dry
- In order to keep extensions looking silky, hot tools are recommended. It is suggested to straighten the extensions after they are dry and then curl them
- Hair extensions are not recommended for use in chlorinated water, salt water, and hard water with a high mineral content, or in hotter climates than normally accustomed to, as damage or discoloration can occur
- If taking extensions on vacation, there are specific products that must be used in order to prevent damage, but damage may still occur
- When using sunscreen, be sure to avoid the ingredient Avobenzone, as they will turn extensions a peachy pink colour. Look for mineral based sunscreens such as La Roche-Posay, Neutrogena Sheer Zinc, Coppertone Pure Simple, Cerave and Sun Bum.
- If you do happen to get the extensions wet with chlorinated, salt or hard water, wash thoroughly with a PH balanced formula
- Do not apply any oil-based products directly on the bond, instead hydrate hair mid-shaft down with serums and oils
- When styling with hot tools, avoid heat to the bond
- DO NOT USE natural and organic shampoo and conditioners
- DO NOT go to bed with wet extensions
- Try to wash your extensions as little as possible, 2-3 times a week is recommended
- FOR BEADED-WEFT: Every 4 weeks you must come to the salon to have the micro-beads moved up. If you wait longer than the 4 week period, Sparkle Hair Extension Bar is not responsible for any damage that may occur to the hair. After 4 weeks the extensions MUST be removed and reinstalled. Please book appointment accordingly.
- FOR TAPE EXTENSIONS: Every 6 weeks you must come to the salon to have the tape extensions removed and reinstalled. A wash is required in between, to remove the remainder of the tape residue.
- FOR SEW-IN WEFT EXTENSIONS: Every 8 weeks you must come to the salon to have the weft removed and reinstalled.
- If you have any questions/concerns after the installation of the extensions, please contact us directly
- Sparkle Hair Extension Bar is not responsible for any colour change or damage done to the hair if Purple/Silver/Blue or toning shampoo is used
- Extensions MUST be removed professionally (recommended to be removed by Sparkle Hair Extension Bar) and if they are not maintained/removed in a timely manner, it is solely your responsibility for the end result of your hair
Matrix Length Goals Shampoo and Conditioner
Authentic Beauty Concept Hydrate Cleanser & Conditioner
Sparkle Hair + Care Repair Mask
BioSilk Silk Therapy Oil
Sparkle Hair + Care Moisture Repair Spray
Joico Violet Purple Shampoo and Conditioner
Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrae Leve in Treatment
Sprite Shower Head Attachment (only at Lowe's)
the social corner